Resigning from DebConf

Dear DebConf team,

In the wake of the recent decision to hold DebConf20 in Haifa, I
respectfully request that my @debconf alias be deleted and that I be
removed from the registration@dc alias.

As a supporter of the international call for boycott, divestment and
sanctions (BDS) by Palestinian civil society, my conscience forbids me
to be associated in any way, shape or form with the organising of DebConf20.

In my view, holding DebConf in Israel is directly detrimental to the
sustained efforts of the palestinian community to peacefully pressure
Israel to end its pervasive and well-documented disregard for human
rights and violations of international law. On the contrary, it is sure
to contribute to the notion that Israel is just a normal country as
opposed to an apartheid state.

Nonetheless, I'm well aware the committee was faced with a difficult
decision and I'm sure that everyone involved acted with the best
interests of Debian and DebConf at heart.

I had lots of fun working with you all and hope that we can do it again
somewhere down the road.

In solidarity,

-- Jerome