Re: [DebConf18] About Personal Data Sent to Government Agencies and University for Funding

hi Yao Wei,

i'm a bit puzzled, you ask the data-protection list for advice and then go
against their advice. (they suggest to make this opt-in).

then suddenly the government fundings went up from 50k USD to 80k USD,
home come? (your 1st mail in this thread here vs what you just wrote on
-announce.)

also you didnt reply to my question how many names they need.

also you didnt explain this (that not everybody needs to give their
names) and thus the people on -announce are not aware that them opting
out is a serious option which will not impact the funding.

last but not least, you make it sound dramatic, while according to what
i have heard, dc18 will make 60k USD profit, so we could very well cover
this from dc18 funds and not violate the rights of the people we love.

not impressed. (perceived) urgency often gives bad advice. Debian needs
people more than money.

--
cheers,
	Holger