Re: [DebConf18] About Personal Data Sent to Government Agencies and University for Funding

]] Yao Wei

> We are requested by National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) and National
> Centre of High-performance Computing (NCHC) for the list of attendees
> along with their nationality for applying fundings.  NCTU also applies
> government funds MEET TAIWAN [1] which they requires such information
> for checking if our event matches their qualification for funding
> (they requires more than certain number of foreign people attending
> the event as one of the requirements).

Is there a requirement that the list of names is complete (includes all
attendees)? What is the number of non-Taiwan nationals required?  Can I
read more about what the purpose of this is somewhere?  (It was not
obvious to me where it is on the MEET TAIWAN site.)

If the answer to those is «no» and some not-unreasonable number, we
might be able to get consent from enough people.  If not, we'll have to
figure out if we have another legal basis for processing.

> Meanwhile, I am also requesting the website team to export the data [2].

I suggest we wait a little bit before doing this.

Thanks,
--
Tollef Fog Heen