Re: Photo policy for DebConf

Ulrike Uhlig wrote:

> it has been pointed out to me that there *is* a photo policy for
> DebConf within the code of conduct.

As an attendee who generally dislikes being photographed and knows
various folks who have similar feelings I would like a solution that
allows photographers to easily respect attendee photography preferences
without having to ask every person, which I imagine could get tedious.

The lanyard proposal sounds like it would work, I would augment it with
enhancements to further respect attendee preferences:

Have the no-photography lanyards say "do not photograph me" or similar
to easily communicate to other attendees about their meaning.

In order to not record attendee preferences about this and to allow
attendees to choose the location/times when they are comfortable with
being photographed, have the two types of lanyards available at front
desk so people can choose to take one or both of them on arrival.

Not having video pans of the audience since it doesn't necessarily add
much value to the streams and having no-video audience areas (with
microphone) would also be appreciated, I've had people ask me to ask
questions on their behalf because of current practices.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise