Re: [DebConf18] Budget Approval Request [2018-06]

Hi!

* Chris Lamb <lamby@debian.org> [2018-06-14 21:53:53 +0100]:

> Dear Jonathan,
>
> > I think it's beneficial for the Debian project to spend a bit more and
> > have a few more high quality people over
>
> Well, obviously. :)  However, my question was more about the process
> regarding people who are under the threshold as it currently stands
> and have thus received rejections already -- if the bursary amount was
> subsequently raised, would we be contacting some of these people to
> "reverse" our position?

In the first round, we only send a rejection mail to people whose score is
(very) low. Most people get a "we've ranked your application but the budget has
run out for now, there may be other rounds when people ranked above you adjust
their estimate and/or withdraw their application".

> If so, this has obvious implications for a quick turnaround, which is
> primarily why I ask...

I'd be more concerned about flight prices increasing than anything else at this
point.

Thanks,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #231:
We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill.