[Debconf-team] Monday June 5th meeting -- starting at 14:00 UTC

Hello!

Another week, another meeting!

You can find the meeting's summary on the wiki [1] and at the
end of this mail.

The next meeting will be on *Monday June 5th, starting at 14:00 UTC*.

Here's the proposed agenda: http://deb.li/il9wc. Feel free to modify it
as you wish.

[1] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/Meetings/2017-05-29

-----
*Bursaries*

Evaluations are ongoing. Out of 400ish total evaluations, one third is
final, one third has been submitted but not finalized, one third has not
been sent yet.

Bursaries team hopes to have a first ranking by the end of the week.

*Registration*

Work needs to be done to tie the bursaries and the global confirmation
workflow.

*Venue & accommodation*

We sent a mail asking folks to check their accommodation and validate
they were ok with on-site accomm. Current peak onsite is 137 people.
We'll have 90 places for on-site accomm. Others will have to be moved to
RVC.

According to the real work schedule, all the potentially disturbing
construction work will be done by the time we arrive.

*Content*

Content team is waiting for bursaries to move on.

Two of of the three keynote speakers are confirmed and the third one is
nearly confirmed. They are Deb Nicholson, Kathey Sutter and Matthew Garrett.

As for schedule proposal, local team said that having sessions from 9h
to 12h, lunch from 12h to 14h and finishing by 18h~19h for dinner was
reasonable. We did not talk about breaks but took for granted at least 2
breaks.

*Artwork*

We are working hard to meet the June 1st deadline to send t-shirts
designs to the printer.

*Videoteam*

Videoteam had a meeting on the 24th. We'll rent some stuff locally and
will try to buy the rest before the conf.

We now have a schedule for 2 meetings per month.

*DC18 status update*

Comments/votes are welcome for the logo contest:
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf18/Artwork/LogoProposals

The DC18 team is looking into government grants for international
conferences that could total up to 93k USD.
-----

--
pollo