Re: [Debconf-team] Revision of DebConf CoC

at bottom :-

On 24/04/2017, Gabriel Filion <gabster@lelutin.ca> wrote:
> Gabriel Filion:
>> During DebConf16 some ppl put some effort to rephrase parts of the code
>> of conduct. We'd like to gather opinions on this rephrasing in the hope
>> to get the new version, or an amended version, adopted.
>
> I forgot to mention: during the last meeting, we decided on a date
> before which we need to come to an agreement on this document: may 15th

Hi all,

The draft is somewhat long, could it be shortened otherwise people
will sign it just as they sign any terms of service (i.e. blindly) .
The real 'meat' of the new CoC as I understand it are the following -

All participants, including event attendees, speakers, and organisers,
must not engage in any intimidation, harassment, abusive, or
discriminatory behaviour.

The following is a non-exhaustive list of examples of behaviours that
are deemed highly inappropriate and will not be tolerated at DebConf:

 * offensive verbal or written remarks related to gender, sexual
orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion;
 * sexual or violent images in public spaces (including presentation
slides);
 * deliberate intimidation;
 * stalking or following;
 * unwanted photography or recording;
 * sustained disruption of talks or other events;
 * unwelcome physical contact or other forms of assault;
 * unwelcome sexual attention;
 * sexist, racist, or other exclusionary jokes;
 * unwarranted exclusion from conference or related events based on age,
gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size,
race, religion;

Maybe this part could somehow be put way up and all the banning part
just next  to it - sort of like offences and sentence.

Another idea perhaps might be to have some symbols. Like what we have
for not smoking and others, something which is recognizable by people
.

Also whom to approach in case of something happening should be
highlighted, either antiharassment@debian.org or whatever local phone
number, both should be highlighted.

Just my 2 cents.

--