Re: [Debconf-team] DC17 budget approval request

at bottom :-

On 10/04/2017, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana <phls@softwarelivre.org> wrote:
> Hi, just a curiosity

Dear phis/Paulo,

That amount might be for local travel otherwise only 28/29 people
could avail the bursary (assuming people are coming either from Asia
or Europe). Maybe somebody could correct me if I'm wrong but from my
understanding there are four/five item lines/budget which covers this
-

5,961.65 USD    content - this line item probably includes invited
speakers - 1 or 2.
10,948.57 USD    outreach
10,203.37 USD      diversity - Both the above would be part of travel
bursary as well but targeted towards different individuals

71,241.74 USD      debconf - think at least part of it would be for
travel bursary as  most of the expenses have their own head -

29,808.26 USD    travel - part of it might be for local travel, part
of it for organizer's team travels and maybe some might be for bursary
.

If memory serves right and conversations with members of debconf last
year is any indication, typically anywhere between 50-80% of attendees
are sponsored.

So if debconf is expecting 300 odd people to come, the calculations
for bursary work themselves out.

Please note these are my assumptions so it's more than likely that
they may be wrong.

Also whom to give travel bursary or not is debconf bursary team
prerogative. That doesn't mean you can't apply for bursary/sponsorship
if you feel you need it.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल