Re: [Debconf-team] Questions for the DebConf18 teams

shirish शिरीष dijo [Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 12:46:42AM +0530]:
> > The southeast is the most industrialized region and where are the most known
> > cities: Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo.
> >
> > São Paulo has the most of IT Companies, but some of them are coming to
> > Curitiba because we are not far from São Paulo, the quality of life is
> > better and the labor is cheaper.
> > I remember now ExxonMobil and GLT (HSBC). Other local companies are
> > specializing in outsourcing.
> >
> > In the South the weather is cold on the winter. The region was populated by
> > immigrants mainly from Japan and Europe.
> > Curitiba has strong influence of the Japaneses, Italians, Germans, Poles,
> > and Ukrainians immigrants.
>
> How far or near is Curitiba from Rio De Janeiro ?  It's the place
> where you have a huge statue of Christ and also where the carnival
> happens.

It's quite far in time. Carnival is in February, DebConf will be in
July/August :-)

It's less than 700Km according to some web sites. The most common
arrival airport in Brazil is São Paulo, which is about halfway between
them.

    http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=7/-25.110/-48.900