Re: [Debconf-team] Questions for the DebConf18 teams

in-line :-

On 27/12/2016, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana <phls@softwarelivre.org> wrote:

> [...]

Hi Paulo,

>> About Brazil I do not know much apart from the 'carnival' , 'party
>> destination' , has beaches similar to Goa (or more bigger) is humid
>> and IIRC also has rainforests. They speak Portugese (actually the Goan
>> culture comes from this place) . Also IIRC the climate round the year
>> is somewhat humid hence people go to the beach round the year to cool
>> off. They do also have rainforests but don't remember where.
>
> You forgot the soccer :-)

You will have to excuse as I come from a crazy cricket-infested
country. A legacy left by Britishers to India while leaving which we
have thrived.

I don't know soccer but do know football and there are a few places in
India where football is religiously followed .  I don't really know if
there are any differences or not (pardon my ignorance).

> Brazil is a continental country so we have many differences between the
> regions.
>
> In the North is the Amazon rainforest where the climate is hot and humid.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_rainforest
>
> In the Northeast are the most beautiful beaches in Brazil, the weather is
> hot all year round
> If you like beaches, you must go there :-)
> http://www.decolar.com/blog/dicas-de-viagem/10-melhores-praias-do-nordeste-brasileiro
> http://viajandocompouco.com.br/dicas-de-viagem/10-melhores-destinos-nordeste-brasileiro/

Not really a fan but did remember the documentary I had seen.

> The southeast is the most industrialized region and where are the most known
> cities: Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo.
>
> São Paulo has the most of IT Companies, but some of them are coming to
> Curitiba because we are not far from São Paulo, the quality of life is
> better and the labor is cheaper.
> I remember now ExxonMobil and GLT (HSBC). Other local companies are
> specializing in outsourcing.
>
> In the South the weather is cold on the winter. The region was populated by
> immigrants mainly from Japan and Europe.
> Curitiba has strong influence of the Japaneses, Italians, Germans, Poles,
> and Ukrainians immigrants.

How far or near is Curitiba from Rio De Janeiro ?  It's the place
where you have a huge statue of Christ and also where the carnival
happens.

>> They do a mean job of percussions though (on drum)  and they have
>> their own martial art which I can't remember the name of atm.
>
> There is "capoeira" and "jiu-jitsu"
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capoeira
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_jiu-jitsu

I was thinking about Capoeira as had seen some performances way back.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल