Re: [Debconf-team] Questions for the DebConf18 teams

also sprach Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org> [2016-12-25 20:52 +0100]:
> One thing to remember is that we try to find the best place for
> *Debian*, not for each of us as individuals. Not necessarily the best
> tourist destination. We try to evaluate where the project will
> "profit" most in having a conference in, if you allow such a
> comparison.

I think that'd be great, but in reality, this is not what we do. We
pick the most promising of a number of bids and occasionally think
about alternating continents, but that's it.

It'd be great if we did what you describe, but I think that this
would actually involve working intensively pre-bid to get those bids
that we think will benefit Debian the most ready for submission.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

"convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche