Re: [Debconf-team] Questions for the DebConf18 teams

[I'm not subscribed, please CC me if you would like a reply]

Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> Clearly you didn't see this famous Terri Gilliam movie called,
> precisely, "Brazil", right? You have to hand in form 104-B3 to get the
> visa requirements information.

I haven't see that movie, no. Perhaps we could screen it in Curitiba :)

Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana wrote:

> To me is impossible go to DebConf in Europe/USA because 1 Dollar is
> more than 3 Reais. So, the costs to go to Europe/USA are very high.
> I know this is the same to others residents in Brazil and Latin
> America in general.

I assume that the DebConf bursaries team would prioritise funding folks
financially affected by the location of DebConf, but of course that
depends on if folks apply for travel/etc funding and if they can
financially handle the travel reimbursement time period.

The bid competing against Brasil in 2018 is Taiwan, would that location
also be problematic for Latin America?

--
bye,
pabs