[Debconf-team] Last meeting summary, Dec. 12th

Hi,

Due to the low attendance of yesterday's meeting, we opted have it
nonetheless but consider it non-decisional. The summary of that meeting
follows below.

Please note that the next meeting will be *next Monday*, December 19th,
at 15:30 UTC (10:30 EST).

----
*DC16 finances & final report*

It was noted that we should consider dropping this agenda item from
future meetings, as almost every time, the persons who are called upon
to act are not attending the meeting.

We can still follow-up as required and both tasks who are still pending
(closing finances and finishing the final report) exist in Kanboard.

*Catering*

Our choice of caterer having been made, we should now have a timeline
for getting a contract signed with Le Dîner. Tiago is absent so this
will be brought up next meeting.

*Venue*

Our 3rd talk room (Salon) booking has been cancelled by the venue as
they had double-booked it, so we need to decide on an alternative. Local
team will meet at Maisonneuve to look at the options available.

We are also waiting for these follow-ups from the venue:
* About the late-night 24hr access issue (can we forgo volunteers after
3 AM)
* To allow us to access the garden through the Salon for accessibility

Also we are waiting for a come back from tbm about the contract language
issue.

*Website*

Still no progress on the website. Tiago has offered to organise a sprint
but not many have responded.

It was noted that the current situation may be hurting our efforts to
fundraise, hence we should give it top priority and aim to finish the
public-facing portion of the site before January.

*Accommodation*

Lavamind has several points to raise but had to leave soon.

We have a sample of Red Cross beds which we'll use in January to create
a mock accomodation room from which to take pictures/video.

*Fundraising*

Again, not much was done since last meeting.

As soon as the website is updated we can start following-up with
potential sponsors.

*Next meeting*

The next meeting was originally planned for December 26, but since this
is an inconvenient date for several people, we decided to move it to
next Monday December 19, at the usual time (15:30 UTC).