Re: [Debconf-team] August 25th (20:00 UTC) meeting

Hi pollo

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 12:45 AM, Louis-Philippe Véronneau
<pollito@riseup.net> wrote:
> A hand curated summary of the meeting can also be found on the wiki:
>
> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/Meetings/2016-08-11

This is useful, please try to keep this updated throughout the journey.

>> We just had a -team meeting, and sadly a whole lot of people were missing...
>>
>> We agreed this schedule was OK last meeting and to have meaningful
>> meetings we also need people.

Please don't get disheartened about this. It's normal, as frustrating
as it is, for people to only come on board later on, and irregularly.
I think many people read the logs and curated minutes, if available,
even if you can't see these. Even more importantly, is that if you
document agreements on the minutes, you can use this to stick to your
agreements once the bikeshedding starts. It helped me resolve a few
sticky situations. The people who attend the meetings, and discuss
these in the week following, get to make the decisions, not the other
people who did not participate, and certainly not months after it was
decided. For this to work though, you need to be able to prove that it
was decided, in a 'formal way' - i.e. during a communicated meeting.

>> So yeah, please be there for the next meeting. It will be on *Thursday,
>> August 25th from 20:00 to 22:00 UTC*. If everything goes well it should
>> not last more than an hour or so.

I am afraid that your meeting time is in my sleeping time, so I will
seldom be able to attend.

>> Here is the proposed agenda for next meeting:
>> https://storm.debian.net/shared/pO5laV55mU7pnAx4AFx__F3v9E4JsotoA_yNg7r6Q_E

In terms of fundraising, I added a suggestion on what you could do
while you're trying to finalise the brochure and flyer - I know that
getting this done feels needlessly frustrating. I don't know why, but
maybe it's best to just roll with it and accepts it takes time and
find an interim solution.