From: Reinette Popplestone <reinette.popplestone@uct.ac.za>
Date: Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Subject: RE: Wheelchair accessibility of Fuller?
To: Bernelle Verster <bernellev@gmail.com>
Cc: Edwina Ghall <edwina.ghall@uct.ac.za>

Hi Bernelle

It may be worth us meeting about this. There is wheelchair
accommodation scattered in residences around campus but no one res
with several suitable rooms except Obz square. In theory Graca Machel
has four wheelchair accessible rooms, but even they are not perfect.
Do you know how many wheelchair participants you are likely to have?

Accommodating visually impaired guests is not a problem. They don't
really need any special accommodation except their documentation in an
accessible format and an arm to guide them around campus and to
orientate them around the residence, but we can arrange the
orientation.

Depending on when the conference is taking place we could also provide
a Sign Language interpret should there be Deaf participants, and we
should probably talk about which venues will be used for the
conference, because many of our lecture venues are equipped with
Induction Loop Technology for people who have hearing aids and
cochlear implants.

Let's schedule a meeting in the next week or two.

Best

Reinette