Re: [Debconf-team] Questions / Information for pre-registration, please review

also sprach Daniel Lange <dl.ml1@usrlocal.de> [2016-02-06 03:50 +1100]:
> 1.1) breakdown of these: # people sleeping at UCT {DebCamp | Debconf}
> -> needs to be detailed later into individual days

We'll be telling UCT exact numbers for each night, right? So knowing
how many people plan to come isn't going to be helpful, unless we
are willing to guess the individual nights from a bell curve overlay
or so.

I think that would be the right thing to do unless we plan to
*close* registrations by early April to meet the 45 day deadline,

> 45 days cancellation policy, see above. So the better we are, the
> more money we can spend on more useful things than empty beds. NB:
> There will be an error margin and we do want to have a small
> reserve for latecomers.

How likely is it that the venue will fill up? Given the current
situation, I am inclined to reserve a smaller number and hope to
book additional beds as we require them.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16
      DebConf17 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17