Re: [Debconf-team] [Mtl's bid] Input needed regarding accomodation

On 07/01/16 05:36 PM, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org> [2016-01-07 11:58 +1300]:
>> In that case we'd probably rent basic equipment (beds?) from the local
>> Red Cross or from another organisation. Each class could host 10-15
>> people. The big gymnasium could also be used, but in that case it'd look
>> more like an indoor camping thing = less privacy (and more fun...?) Both
>> venues seem to provide enough bathroom/showers, details will come soon.
>
> Further to Steve's notes, which I underwrite: we've had multiple
> DebConfs with lesser private sleeping arrangements, though 10–15
> people in a room is stretching things a bit, I'd say.

We were planning 10 people max per room. This can be less too if needed.

> Are these rooms ventilated? Do they have windows and won't it be too
> hot outside or attract too many insects if left open?

All the rooms are well ventilated. The whole building has air
conditioning so it should be quite confortable.

All the rooms have multiple fixed large windows too.

> Are the rented beds of higher quality, or will every breath elicit
> squeaks and keep half the room awake?

Dunnon yet, the red cross is veeerrry slow answering emails :(

> Maybe it'd be possible to reduce the rooms to 8 people?

Surely is. We planned 18 rooms for 180, but we can rent up to 24 rooms
id needed.

--
pollo