Re: [Debconf-team] On the "local team"

also sprach Tassia Camoes Araujo <tassia@debian.org> [2015-09-23 23:42 +0200]:
> Do you think that the Chairs have any issue about the existance of
> local team? This is not true. For DC16, the local team of Cape
> Town made the *choice* of working within mixed teams of local and
> global people. It was not an imposition, and it can still be
> changed. So I'm still confused about the point of this message.

Frankly, I don't think the DC16 people knew what they were choosing.

There's been a trend to get rid of the concept of the local team.
The point of the message is to identify this as a garden path and
reinstate the common belief that the local team should be embraced
and supported.

It's good to know that you agree with most of it. I would find it
interesting to hear the other chairs' positions.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16
      DebConf17 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17