Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf meetings this week

Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> wrote:
>> Could someone explain the purpose of the co-ordination team?
>
> From last week's meeting [1]:
>
> This team is in charge of facilitating the work of other teams. This
> means that it makes sure that people are not blocked, providing help
> in the form of people-power and advice. Additionally, it makes sure
> that deadlines are met, that teams do their job and that they are
> talking to each other.
>
> [1] The meeting was called by the chairs, who decided to invite
> Stefano, Bernelle and me. I complained pretty loudly about the
> privateness of the meeting and the separate channel, but my complaints
> were not enough to change that particular meeting.  The team mission
> reproduced above was pretty much the only thing that we could agree
> on.

Wow!  "Motherhood and Apple Pie"

That would seem to be a definition of what anyone in orga should be
doing by default, at all times, assuming they are paying the slightest
attention.

If we need to set up a new team for that, we are in deep shit.

Cheers, Phil.