Re: [Debconf-team] Teckids youth programme at DebConf15 - LAST DEADLINE

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> wrote:
> Can someone please explain what this is in terms that I could explain to my
> family, who aren't very technical? Please also give an example of what the
> first day itinerary might look like. (I looked through list archives but can't
> find it and the website is in german, and translation software wasn't very
> helpful in translating it.)

The programme will be finalized by them over the weekend, but a rough
outline might look like "the kids can learn how to solder, how to
control Lego robots, how to program an Arduino (and presumably make
something they soldered blink), and do some work on a Debian-based
MATE desktop".

It's kids teaching other kids (with adult supervision), and the goal
is to both get kids interested in tech and to create new communities &
friendships between those kids.

The short version is: If I had a child which fit into the age bracket,
I would try _very_ hard to get them a slot.

Richard