[Debconf-team] Day trip budget (was: I'm in Heidelberg next weekend)

also sprach Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org> [2015-03-29 23:53 +0200]:
> I think Marga mentioned in the last IRC meeting that we have
> a budget of 1000EUR for the daytrip, that is maybe 3-4EUR per
> person. I think that rules out every option with an entrance fee,
> unless the participants are willing to chip in.

It was common in the past to ask people to chip in, but this will
reduce participation.

The 1000 EUR are to be understood as "incidentals" for lack of
concrete information. If someone comes up with a plan for an
integrative day trip that requires a larger budget, I'll help trying
to get that approved.

> On the registration page I was asked if I wanted to donate to
> debconf (and the money will be collected by the youth hostel, so
> they write the receipts for debian donations?). Maybe an
> opportunity to donate can be offereed later, after the sponsoring
> decision has been made or at even debconf. With this we might
> cover the budget for a nice excursion (ie 15EUR for a boat trip
> plus whatever the castle costs). Or would this not be tax
> deductable since my own excursion would be payed by this?

If we ask you to chip in for yourself, it probably won't be
tax-deductible. But if there is no connection between voluntary
donations and us funding the day trip out of commercially earned
money, then we can issue donation receipts, yes.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16