Re: [Debconf-team] problems with DC14 website(s) and getting a list of talks

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 03:53:55PM +0000, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> Hi, please forgive me if this isn't the right place to report the
> following.
>
> I was interested to see a list of talks that took place at DC14, so I
> went to the DC14 website[1] and clicked 'Schedule'[2]. The resulting
> page on a different sub-domain talks about DC14 in the wrong tense
> ("DebConf14 will be held…")

Fixed now.

> and it seems I must "Register in Summit" to
> get any further. Is it really expected for people to register to see a
> list of talks for a conference in the past?

Yes, we should stop showing the register button. But, the various links
to the schedule work without logging in.

> If I click around a bit further I can find links to the video streams
> host[3] but this site is only showing the default nginx page and has no
> onward links.
>
> Sadly, I am currently without an index of talks with hyperlinks to
> corresponding recordings where available. (I can get to the recordings
> directly, mostly by remembering the address from prior debconfs, but
> guessing the talk topic from the filenames is sub-optimal.)

This is indeed a missing feature. It's on the list of stuff to fix
before DC15. Once we've added it we can populate the links for DC14.
Sadly no one has had time, yet, to fix this.

(important and long standing https issues snipped as they are beyond my
control)

-edrz