Re: [Debconf-team] Budget (hopefully) ready for Thursday's discussion / approval

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 08:03:24AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [2015-03-12 00:25 +0100]:
> > Note also for the record that there was no explicit "Debian
> > newbies" earmark in 2014.  Previous attendance at DebConf was one
> > of various factors weighed by the bursaries team but there was not
> > a separate fund for this specifically.

> Right, it was included in the budget but never took off.

It was a side note in the DC14 budget, not a distinct line item.

> Hopefully we'll be able to figure this out when we also figure out things
> like diversity outreach, invited speakers and core volunteers.  David and
> I have talked about this already, we'll try to collect numbers for DC15
> but we probably won't be able to actually make use of separate budget
> accounts until DC16.

If it's not encoded as an earmark from one of our "sponsors" (e.g. Debian),
I don't see any reason for this to be encoded at the budget level.  That
simply adds an additional constraint on how the bursaries team can use the
funds for Debian's benefit.