Re: [Debconf-team] Budget (hopefully) ready for Thursday's discussion / approval

martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> writes:

>> Before we commit to expenses that I see as optional from the point
>> of view of the "success for the Debian project" metric, I would
>> like to make sure that the sponsorship budget is covered.
> Given the conservative nature of my budget, after the conference,
> Debian will probably have *more* money (again) than you committed.

Wow! Are we _really_ performing this traditional dance _again_?

The one where we trudge around in a circle trying to guess if we'll have
enough money for sponsorship until those waiting for sponsorship lose
the will to live (or the opportunity to book cheap) and the problem thus
solves itself, but not in a way anyone wanted, and then later there's a
healthy surplus that makes the dithering at this stage look utterly
pathetic and we all agree never to do THAT again ...

... until the next year.

*sigh*

Cheers, Phil.