Re: [Debconf-team] Budget (hopefully) ready for Thursday's discussion / approval

also sprach Lucas Nussbaum <leader@debian.org> [2015-03-12 09:49 +0100]:
> I think that we should clarify what 'budget approval' means, maybe. From
> my perspective, it means:
> - Chairs and DPL have looked at it, and are fine with the general shape
>   of it
> - We agree on a plan about how to address the remaining questions
> - Changes can still be made, but major changes require discussion with
>   Chairs and/or DPL

Plus:

- Funds can be used according to the budget lines, right away.
  Changes made later need to take this into account, i.e. money that
  has already been spent cannot be re-allocated.

Ok?

> OK, I think I can live with the above (provided the chairs agree
> as well). However, please don't consider it for granted that we
> will use all the travel sponsorship budget. How much is used
> should still be based on the evaluation and recommendation by the
> bursaries.

Absolutely. Once the budget is approved, other people are empowered
to make decisions within their own domains and within the limits of
the allocated funds.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org