Re: [Debconf-team] Voluntary conference contributions for pro/corp attendees

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 7:09 AM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:

> also sprach Anthony Towns <aj@erisian.com.au> [2015-02-26 06:13 +0100]:
>> On 26 February 2015 at 04:00, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
>> > For the future, we could consider a "corporate registration package"
>> > that we could sell for an invoice, including services as e.g.
>> (Why is that not possible now?)
>
> Well, mainly because we've not done it before and I am not sure we
> can work out all the details in time for registration to open, which
> really should not get held up any longer.

As far as I know, we are mainly talking about fulfilling legal
tax/sponsorship/donation requirements in this regard so the value we
provide does not need to be substantial, correct?

>> The other approach might be providing a nicer memento to "paying"
>> attendees. Perhaps everyone gets a debconf t-shirt with sponsors
>> logos, but professional attendees also get a nice collared
>> shirt/blouse with some subtle branding as well? Obviously the cost
>> per shirt would want to be much less than the professional rego
>> fee...
>
> Also a good idea.

While I am sure many people would like to have a nice DebConf shirt
(/me among them!), the idea of differently-colourd lanyards was
rejected because this would create "more equal than the rest" kind of
situations.

Richard