Re: [Debconf-team] Food [Re: Registration questions]

also sprach Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg@fifthhorseman.net> [2015-02-24 22:36 +0100]:
> The concern that i raised at the start of this discussion is that
> this array of answers basically encourages people to appear to
> "demand" meat and fish, even if they don't particularly want or
> desire meat or fish at every meal.  This happens at lots of
> conferences.  It leads to more meat consumption than is warranted
> by the question because of the framing.

The "I like meat" phrasing is mine and I tried to make it convey
"yeah, I like it, but I don't require it". Put differently,
I thought this option would actually reserve us as organisers the
right to serve no meat/fish on some nights, and this is still how
I see it, and this is something I'd actually want to do, iff the
youth hostel is willing to go along and ensure a tasty non-meat
meal.

Obviously there are people who need special care, and we'll cater to
those, no expecption.

And anyone who claims into my face that can't eat anything but meat
every day, I will personally buy burgers three times a day if they
agree to consume them bound to a chair at a table I get to populate.

>  * Other (specific restrictions - please describe below)

As long as additional restrictions can be specified without
selecting "other".

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org