Re: [Debconf-team] proposal for combining ranking factors for travel grants

> Unless I am mistaken, this is for "we don't have enough money", but if
> we end up with "we have enough/too much money", we could still end up
> with partial cohorts.

Right, this is in some sense a separate problem, but every year we offer
sponsorship to people and some fraction of these cancel. One potential solution to
this is to extend our ranking past the actual budget numbers by some
fraction, with the people beyond the budget being wait-listed. For this
hypothetical wait list, funding whole cohorts won't work.

Of course we could just estimate the cancelation rate, and build that
into the budget also. This is slightly riskier, although perhaps
simpler.