Re: [Debconf-team] Draft schedule format

also sprach Santiago Ruano Rincón <santiago@debian.org> [2015-02-18 10:56 +0100]:
> Right now, I find it difficult to see how we'd have a "plenary"
> every morning of the conference. We could schedule just one event
> to start the day, but as I said in my previous mail, I need to
> recount the number of slots we'd have.

I think there's plenty of stuff to fill the daily plenary, e.g.
3 keynotes, 3 lightning talk sessions, 1 DPL talk, and nothing on
the day trip. Replace any of that at will with a podium discussion
(e.g. "where are we headed, Debian?"), or four core teams presenting
their plans in sequence… it won't be hard to come up with ideas of
events that we are reasonably confident will be attractive to the
mostpart.

You mention the number of slots… but I don't think that matters
either, as there will be enough, especially with half-length talks
and several lightning talk sessions to host all topics that don't
require a full-length slot. It's really a question about what we
want from DebConf, and I think we all agree that quantity is not the
answer…

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org