Re: [Debconf-team] Draft schedule format

Hi!

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 03:59:13PM +0100, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 1:28 PM, Santiago Ruano Rincón
> <santiago@debian.org> wrote:

> > As agreed on the last meeting, lunch will be scheduled-talk-free, and
> > I'd say the same for dinner.
>
> As far as I understood it, the agreement was not to add a whole
> scheduled slot over lunch.  If lunch is two hours long, I don't think
> there's any problem overlapping half an hour.  As I understand it, the
> problem is if we overlap with the majority of it, not with just the
> start.

Ok. The agreement included the video-team? (Sorry, I'm fresh in the
content team and unaware of most of decisions.)
Anyway, I'll draft this schedule overlapping meal time (when needed)
with ad-hoc sessions.

I think we have enough time and resources to distribute, but I need to
recount the number of hours/slots before saying anything else...

> > I would agree also for ending breakfast earlier (but I see in titanpad
> > that people objected). Another option would be to announce the info at
> > 10:00, in the plenary room and take this into account in schedule/events
> > time.
> > What do you think?
>
> I think this is making our mornings way too short. The point of the
> raffle and announcements was to give people an incentive to be there
> early.  If we push everything later, we are reducing the slots way too
> much, in my opinion.

> > I don't know if there is a particular reason for this. What is the plan
> > for the Job Fair and the Birthday party? Madduck, why do you think they
> > would conflict?
>
> There's really no reason to having two special events on the same day.
> It just makes more work to us that need to organise it.  It also makes
> more sense from the sponsors point of view to have the job fair on
> Saturday and not Sunday.

Doesn't make more sense for sponsors to attend on work days?

_Personally_, I'd think that in the point of view of sponsors, job
seekers, and the interest of most of debconf attendees, the job fair
could be done at the same time that hack-time.

> > A more judicious option: Birthday party + C&W party the same day.
>
> How would this be more judicious?
>
> > Another (more realistic?) option: Official scheduled parties every
> > night.
>
> Why would this be more realistic?

I'll stop trying to making not-funny jokes, hehe.

Cheers,

Santiago