Re: [Debconf-team] Draft schedule format

also sprach Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2015-02-17 15:59 +0100]:
> I think this is making our mornings way too short. The point of the
> raffle and announcements was to give people an incentive to be there
> early.  If we push everything later, we are reducing the slots way too
> much, in my opinion.

The raffle and announcements only add 5–10 minutes. If you are
afraid the mornings are too short, then the problem is that
breakfast ends at 10 and lunch starts at 12.

> Personally, I'd rather have this on the Friday before DebConf and
> then the Friday of DebConf (i.e. only once per week on a Friday,
> and not twice in a row).

I don't very much like this idea for a sprint day, since it really
cuts into the day, I think. People will hardly work before brunch
(without breakfast).

Also, why Friday and then have a regular day on Saturday? To me,
brunching at the end of a conference makes sense; brunching in the
middle doesn't makes as much sense to me.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16