Re: [Debconf-team] DebCamp and DebConf dates

also sprach Tassia Camoes Araujo <tassia@debian.org> [2015-02-15 06:03 +0100]:
> What about orga arrival on the 8th, DebCamp arrival day on the
> 9th, than sprints from 10 to 14? Can I consider those dates for
> the call for sprints?

Yes, that's pretty much what we had in mind.

> > Note that we only have a limited amount of beds reserved during the
> > week (80; should be enough) and we need to let them know ahead of
> > time how many we actually need.
> >
> I'm afraid that number will raise if we succeed with the call for
> sprints. Maybe people who usually do not attend DebConf but that
> usually take part in sprints will consider coming to DebConf this
> time. Let's just keep an eye on that when the sprints are being
> formed and adjust this number accordingly.

How many beds would you try to reserve? We have 80 (and 200 on
Friday) and I can try to get more, but we should stay realistic (and
can cancel only until 8 weeks in advance). But in the end: if the
beds are filled, the beds are filled, and we also need to keep this
in mind — for DebCamp as much as for DebConf btw.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16