Re: [Debconf-team] Food [Re: Registration questions]

On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 07:27:30PM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> Hi everybody
> El 05/02/15 a las 17:25, Daniel Kahn Gillmor escribió:
>
> I would change the perspective: "tell cooks the things they can add to
> the menu".
> What about this proposal?
>
> Diet:
>       - Not applicable
>       - Vegan (strict vegetarian)
>       - Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian (dairy and eggs OK) << default >>
>       - Omnivore (dairy, eggs, meat or fish OK)
>       - Other (contact <registration@debconf.org> ASAP)
>
> If we think that people should be able to ask for meat/fish in every
> meal (my take is "no", but you know better DebConf demographics), I
> would add an option after "Omnivore":
>
>       - Carnivore (Omnivore, with meat or fish in every meal)

votes++

I'm an omnivore who eats a lot of vegetables with every meal and prefers
no meat several days most weeks. I enjoy cooking with and eating tofu
several days most weeks.

I would find this framing of the options quite acceptable and actually
nice. Often meal options for the traditional default end up with
primarily meat + starch with vegetables as an after thought.

-edrz