Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf dinner: which style

Hi,

On Fri Dec 05, 2014 at 07:55:44 +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> If plate-on-table, we would obviously find a modus operandi for vegans
> etc, but that should be doable based on the information we have for
> registration.

If you do plate-on-table, i see some sort of logistics problem:

a) you will have the situation that people will have desert while others
didn't even got the starters. Or to phrase it differently: You will need
a huge amount of on-site staff to get approx.  300 people served
simultaneously. And that means we need to pay for them.

b) if done off-site, you will not have all approx 300 people arrive at
the same time. Which means that you will have a huge chaos for the
waiters/waitress unless you pack simultanious arrivers to the same
table, which will most probably not work out.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster