Re: [Debconf-team] Sponsored lanyards, a proposal

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
also sprach Carl Karsten <carl@nextdayvideo.com> [2014-11-25 19:59 +0100]:
> 1.25" wide, quick release buckle (not to be confused with security buckle
> which breaks away if something/someone pulls on it)
>
> http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/fluorescent-lanyards_727019680.html
> Size: (2.5*90)cm
> Accessories: metal hook,plastic buckle,security buckle

That's almost exactly what the sponsor had proposed, but made from
satin and in the colours of DebConf15 if we had wanted that. Oh
well.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

During today's sponsors-team meeting it was decided that we aren't close to consensus either in sponsors-team or debconf-team to proceed with this, and further discussion would be distracting, especially considering the relatively small amount to be saved/raised. IE: The proposal is being shelved. We'll make and fund our own badge lanyards.

Thanks,
-Brian