Re: [Debconf-team] Code of Conduct

also sprach Anthony Towns <aj@erisian.com.au> [2014-05-02 11:40 +0200]:
> This means no swearing on this list, or in talks ("so yeah,
> I tried that and royally firetrucked stuff up"), right?

I would strongly advocate to keep a no-swearing default. First of
all, I think it raises the quality altogether if people concentrate
a bit more on what they say in public.

Second, I don't think we are far off anyway, DebConf has IMHO been
mostly decent.

And third, swearing "accidentally" won't get you expelled, but we
might raise a finger. I think this is good and after half a dozen
times, everyone will grow more and more conscious.

If we give ourselves a CoC, we might just as well do it right and
enact what we promise. ;)

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team