Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf 15 Legal Entity

* Brian Gupta (brian.gupta@brandorr.com) [140425 12:43]:
> Reading ahead in the thread, there is a lot of talk about the name of the
> clearing organization impacting whether we got sponsors or not. I have
> not seen this, but would ask DC13 local team members if they saw any
> such effect when approaching local sponsors. (I'd be surprised if we
> did.)

It's possible to use a different brand name for collecting money than
the organization is named itself. Actually if we want to dissolve the
organisation after Debconf (like it was done in previous years), then
we should not use such a broad sticky name, and dissolving it has a
few advantages, not only in risk management.

Andi