Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf 15 Legal Entity

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Richard Hartmann
<richih.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Richard Hartmann
> <richih.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Debian Deutschland e.V. makes potential re-use easier, else it's just a
>> name of no importance. Toss a coin?
>

> After the question simmered some more at the back of my head, I think I am
> leaning more strongly towards Debian Deutschland e.V. as it's the stronger
> brand name.
> IMO, this will help with sponsorship hunting. If you've never heard of us
> before and need to decide if it's worthwhile to give us money, you will find
> more impressive stuff with Debian than with DebConf.

Unless I am misunderstanding something, I don't think DE-based
sponsors team members will be approaching companies with the name of
the local clearing organization, and it's likely they'll only hear the
name of your e.v. on the invoice after they have agreed to sponsor.

IE: All else being equal please use the DebConf15 name, as if you are
in fact planning on dissolving it after the conference, you might
cause complications if down the road, if a group of Debian Developers
want to proceed with incorporating a German Trusted Org with the same
name.

I'd also say that I'd personally be pretty uncomfortable with an
organization that isn't a Trusted Organization using Debian as
part of it's legal name. (It's been made clear that DC15 bid team
does not agree that this organization should apply for TO status.
BTW - I still do still strongly disagree, but don't have time to
continue debating the topic.)

-Brian