Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf 15 Legal Entity

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 8:44 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

Realistically speaking, we're hardly ever going to meet in person,
but online, because we are not all based in the same city. It might
make sense to make in-person meetings require a quorum and let IRC
meetings always be quorate.

Not a bad point.

Because otherwise, the people in Munich (where the Verein is based)
could pretty much do whatever they want, knowing that the rest of
the Verein will not be able to just travel to Munich.

At least the dissolving of the Verein needs prior notice, but you are right. The Munich Cabal of Cabals of Cabals could, in theory, no pre-annouce stuff and then force it through.

I won't be opposed to it, but I really can't work any more on this
and we should no longer delay sending it in to the authorities…

If we can agree that this is worthwhile, I can put something in a branch which can (or can not) be merged.

> Text like "einer den Mitgliedern des Vereins vertrauenswuerdigen
> Person" might fit the bill, here.

I do not think it is possible for all members to all trust one and
the same other person.

That would be the legal blah with an internal understanding that this refers to Secretary, a TO, or a public mailing list.

Richard