Re: [Debconf-team] DC15 fiscal year (was: DebConf 15 Legal Entity)

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 7:32 AM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
However, starting the fiscal year not on 1 January is exceptional,
and starting it not on the first of a month even more so. While it's
not impossible, Andi's right in saying that it'll mean additional
steps and additional dealing with the financial authorities.

If we don't really save effort by juggling around the start date, why not start on 01.01 or 01.02., then?

End-of-year crunch periods suck and public offices etc will be closed, anyway. OTOH, many people are home during the quiet days before New Year's...

Giving ourselves an extra month would mean that offices are open and most infrastructure is operating normally. Personally speaking, I won't have much time during that phase due to FOSDEM preparations, though.

RIchard

--
Richard