Re: [Debconf-team] About the DC15 entity and authority (was: DebConf 15 Legal Entity)

* Gaudenz Steinlin (gaudenz@debian.org) [140417 09:13]:
> But as I have already argued for the DC13 association I'm sceptical that
> separating the legal entity is the right way to achieve this. I'd prefer
> a way where the governance of the legal entity matches the governance
> model of the orga team. This will cause much less troubles in case of
> conflicts.

I fully agree. This means that the governance model of the orga team
should be discussed first, and the outcome influences the association.

> We had quite some discussion about the relationship of the association
> and the global DebConf in the context of DC13. Here are our bylawas.
> These are drafted after Swiss Law which is in some points more liberal
> than the German law (regarding associations), but the main ideas might
> still be usefull.

> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debconf-data/dc13.git;a=blob_plain;f=association/DebConf13-association-bylaws.pdf;hb=HEAD

Looks good to me, only a few remarks:

1. The reference to Debconf Team should be removed, because register
authorities might want to understand in detail what legal entity
"Debconf Team" is otherwise.
2. There need to be the default sentences for pro-bono-things (money
only to be used for the purpose of it etc) - direct copy&paste from
the tax authorities requirements.
3. There needs to be an tax-excempt purpose like "Volksbildung"
4. Should be in German
5. References to swiss law should be replaced by German law, including
"should be registered".
6. Seat should be a location, because moving that around is ... much
effort regarding registration.
7. The "board could kick out almost all"-bug is there too.

I even think using your by-law is a good starting point, and only
adjust what is necessary to adjust.

Andi