Re: [Debconf-team] Updated budget for DC14

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 07:12:32AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Lucas Nussbaum <leader@debian.org> [2014-03-28 00:23 +0100]:
> > Yes. I wonder about the respective merits of the daytrip vs the
> > conference dinner too. But I'll leave that up to you (the DebConf
> > team).
>
> The conference dinner is one thing, but the day trip is IMHO
> a really important aspect of the conference, at least if our goal is
> (includes) to enhance personal relationships and get people to know
> each other better.
>
> Without taking any position in the recent debate over the use of
> Debian money to sponsor DebConf, I would even go as far as saying
> that Debian should always make sure there's a day trip.

That's based in your personal experience and preference only. I have seen
plenty of people skipping the day trip every year. I know because I was
one of them.
The good thing is this is something we can measure, and check the numbers
the approx. numbers of how many people benefited of the daytrip and how
many people benefit of the daytrip in previous years.