Re: [Debconf-team] help needed for penta datamining

Tássia Camões dijo [Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 11:55:40PM -0400]:
> Then my question is: Is there a safe way of using this data?
>
> IMHO self proclaimed gender identity is a meaningful information and
> the assessement of those statistics in Debconfs could contribute with
> debate about diversity in Debian. This issue was raised in Barcelona
> and I wonder if there would be another way of getting this data for
> previous conferences.
>
> Then how can we proceed in next conferences so that we can safely make
> gender information public afterwards?

Hi Tássia,

While I agree with Ganneff's word (we don't have granular enough data,
"male/female" is conservatively split and allows for NULL as its only
other way to say "I don't agree with your options", although many
people will not recognize it as such), we have that level of
information, and have included it in our final reports:

  http://media.debconf.org/dc13/report/DebConf13-final-report.en.pdf#page=25

Greetings!