Re: [Debconf-team] German two-bid strategy

martin f krafft dijo [Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 02:30:30PM +0100]:
> (...)
> We have talked about this a lot in our meetings and of course it
> would make things easier to organise the conference "at home". Our
> Munich proposal exists mainly because we were unhappy with the
> "local team" situation in Heidelberg.
>
> However, there are three important considerations which make us
> prefer Heidelberg nonetheless:
> (...)
> I can also tell you that our team will be much more motivated to
> work on a great conference 3 hours away from home, than at
> a mediocre conference in our home town.
>
> And yet, if Heidelberg turns out to be too expensive, or we decide
> that local team presence is more important than previously imagined,
> we have an alternative that's improving every day.

OK - From what I've seen so far, basically everybody (except me in the
last meeting ;-) ) prefers Heidelberg over Munich. So, probably the
best way to view it (and to vote in today's meeting) would be having
Heidelberg alone as the German bid — In the knowledge that, were
problems to arise, you have a strong "plan B" in Munich.

I think it's fairer and closer to the way we have worked before.