Re: [Debconf-team] Le Camp Lunch option

Le mardi, 28 mai 2013 23.20:43, Gunnar Wolf a écrit :
> Didier 'OdyX' Raboud dijo [Tue, May 28, 2013 at 09:35:41PM +0200]:
> > Given that we have to order meal choices ten days in advance, a
> > meaningful compromise would be to fund meal upgrades for all attendees
> > on selected days (one day cold lunch, one day warm lunch, you get what I
> > mean). We don't have to pick either all days or none, there's room for
> > budget-driven fine-tuning.
>
> I would rather not see nor offer this as an upgrade. I think it's
> fairer, more palatable, and closer to the general DebConf "spirit" to
> offer the same food levels for everybody.

That's exactly what I meant by "fund meal upgrades for all attendees on
selected days": e.g. "Tuesday is warm lunch for everyone, for no additional
cost.". If there's available money, DebConf would fund this meal upgrade for
all attendees.

> Yes, 10 days of cold-food-only would most probably suck, but alternating
> cold/hot food, or even 2C1H or something like that, sounds much more likely
> to avoid causing uneasiness.

Given the above, I disagree: if well communicated (and there's nothing
preventing that, we'll have announced the meal types and numbers to Le Camp 10
days in advance), bringing variation in the lunch types for all attendees
seems worthwhile to me.

Cheers,

OdyX