Re: [Debconf-team] Le Camp Lunch option

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud dijo [Tue, May 28, 2013 at 09:35:41PM +0200]:
> > > Depending on how much money we want to spend on food we can also order
> > > the normal (cooked and hot) lunch on some (or even all) days. We just
> > > have to announce this 10 days in advance. We did not ask about having a
> > > cooked meal only for part of the attendees, so we don't know if that
> > > would be possible. But I'm not sure if it's worth the effort as it would
> > > also complicate things on our side.
> >
> > I agree that it's not sensible logistically to serve some people cooked
> > meals and some people cold lunch.  If we can afford it and think this is a
> > good use of the money, we could do hot lunch for all attendees - but we
> > don't want to get into the mess of trying to charge people different rates
> > for meals. :/
>
> Given that we have to order meal choices ten days in advance, a meaningful
> compromise would be to fund meal upgrades for all attendees on selected days
> (one day cold lunch, one day warm lunch, you get what I mean). We don't have
> to pick either all days or none, there's room for budget-driven fine-tuning.

I would rather not see nor offer this as an upgrade. I think it's
fairer, more palatable, and closer to the general DebConf "spirit" to
offer the same food levels for everybody. Yes, 10 days of
cold-food-only would most probably suck, but alternating cold/hot
food, or even 2C1H or something like that, sounds much more likely to
avoid causing uneasiness.