Re: [Debconf-team] RTC track

On 28/05/13 01:37, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Daniel Pocock dijo [Mon, May 27, 2013 at 11:57:18PM +0200]:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm just following up on this, I've started to make some contacts about
>> the Free RTC track and there is some positive progress.
>>
>> To make this a track, are there any more formal steps to be taken other
>> than getting abstracts/responses to the call for papers?
> I have added you to the Almighty Wiki¹. I am not sure if RTC means
> much to us Debianers (for me it only means Real Time Clock), so feel
> free to play with the name to make it more attractive or descriptive!
>

> ¹ https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Teams#Track_coordinators

Great - I will keep you updated about this progress

In this context, RTC = Real-time Communication

RTC is a more generic term than VoIP.  RTC can be chat (IRC, Jabber),
voice, video, micro-blogging, social networking and other mediums
usually with real-time and often full-duplex interaction.  I've used the
term RTC to be more inclusive of all these other media.