Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf13 open to the public?

Hi,

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 02:37:06PM +0200, Raphaël Walther wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have been asked by linux-neuchâtel (LUG): Does this conference is only
> for developers ?
>
> After a discussion on IRC, I wrote this draft.
>
> "Although DebConf13 is the annual developers meeting of the Debian
> Project and not a users conference, it is open to the public. If you
> want to attend a talk on a specific day please register to the
> conference with an arrival date equal to departure date."
>
> Do you agree this is an appropriate answer ?

I wonder whether we do need any registration for those visitors at all
(see below).

> Moray suggested also to put it on the website. Shall we put it on the
> about.xhtml page?

If we have an answer, this should probably also published on the web
page.

I wonder how we want to handle those one day attendees:  Do we want to
undergo all this batch preparing etc. stuff or just let people stumble
into Le Camp and watch a talk.  In the later case I do not see any need
for a registration into Penta and in general I'd regard it way more
simple to just have "no guards controling the badges at the entrance"
(which is effectively what we do anyway).

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de