Re: [Debconf-team] Call for papers and talks team for DC13

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 08:50:39AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Right, we should really get this going. And by "this" I mean
> "everything we are not yet doing" ;-)

+1

> > selection process[2].
>
> Ok, I'll work a bit on it today. I would still prefer somebody else to
> give a proper polish to it afterwards (i.e. Native Englishness and such)

I had a very short look onto this and it made sense to me.

> > The team wiki page [3] currently only lists Andreas Tille as a member of
> > this team.

I confirm that I would like to take part in talk selection and
scheduling team.

> > I'd prefer if the talks team would draft the call for paper and send it.
> > Who has time to work on this?
>
> I'll go look at Giacomo's draft right away. But I'm not (yet) sending
> it. And, of course, it should IMO absolutely not be sent before the
> registration is open, as people will be scratching their heads as to
> how to submit a talk (but also, it should be sent right next to it).

I'm just working down my backlog from vac.  If you want me to do
something about it (even after one week has passed after your
initial mail) just ping me (and tell me where I can find the
draft you were talking about).

See you at DebConf

     Andreas.

[2] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/TalkSelection