Re: [Debconf-team] LCFC: Opening Registration for DC13

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your feedback.

Le jeudi, 2 mai 2013 19.15:19, Neil McGovern a écrit :
> On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 06:39:53PM +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > I'm hereby CC'ing press@debian.org. We'll have debian-devel-announce,
> > debconf- announce, debian-news and debian-events-eu as targets for this
> > announcement, reply-to set to debconf-discuss. So press@: what is needed
> > from the DebConf team to make this announcement a Debian press release
> > as in the past years?
>
> There's quite a lot of information about the practicalities there. Press
> releases are generally for interest of non-debian people. Have a look at
> http://www.debian.org/News/2012/20120412 and
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/04/msg00002.html

Well, I was thinking about issuing the content of the attached mail as press
release which doesn't have much info, afterall.

But what about the following, which is an edited copy-paste of last years'
minus things not real or not decided yet ?

== press release ==
The Debian Project is pleased to announce that registration is now open for
DebConf13, which will take place in Le Camp near Vaumarcus, Switzerland, from
Sunday 11 August to Saturday 17 August 2013.

As in previous years, three different registration options will be available:
Sponsored, Professional and Corporate. Through the Sponsored category, the
Debian Project intend to help some people attend who would not be able to pay
for their own travel to DebConf. The Corporate category is intended for those
attending DebConf as representatives of companies. The Professional category
is intended for any individual or company who wants to help the conference by
paying the direct costs of their attendence.

It will only be possible to apply for food and accommodation grants and/or
travel grants until 15 May. For more detailed information about how to
register, please see the separate announcement from the DebConf team.

Call for papers

Debian invites submissions of proposals for papers, presentations, discussion
sessions and tutorials for its DebConf13 conference. Submissions are not
limited to traditional talks: you could propose a performance, art
installation, debate, or anything else.
This year, we will continue to organize some talks into thematic tracks. If
you have a proposal for a DebConf track, please contact debconf-
team@lists.debconf.org. Previous examples included Debian Science, Debian
Infrastructure, and Community Outreach tracks. If you would like to be a track
coordinator, please volunteer on that list.

About DebConf

DebConf is the Debian Project's developer conference. In addition to a full
schedule of technical, social and policy talks, DebConf provides an
opportunity for developers, contributors and other interested people to meet
in person and work together more closely. It has taken place annually since
2000 in various locations over the world. If you are interested in helping by
working as a volunteer during DebConf, please contact debconf-
team@lists.debconf.org
If you or your company are interested in sponsoring DebConf by donating money
or lending equipment, please contact the sponsorship team at
sponsors@debconf.org.
More information about DebConf13 can be found on the conference website.

About Debian

(reuse that from elsewhere)
== /press release ==

Thanks in advance, cheers,